Show/Hide Logic based on Custom Criteria
What is the Show/Hide Logic?
In cases where you want to display (or not) a question depending upon a complex (or simple) criteria, you can use the Show/Hide Logic instead of Branching/Skip Logic to accomplish this.
Important Items to remember
You must have a page break between the source logic questions and the question you want to show/hide. The system should be able to collect the data and then make a logic decision (to show/or hide) for a particular question.
You cannot apply / set a page break on a question on which you have set up Show/Hide logic.
Show/Hide Logic will not work on the last question on a page.
Consider a Survey:
Now consider this scenario: Question C should only be displayed if Yes is selected in Question A.
Steps for setting this up:
Before setting up the logic, set up all the questions in the survey.
Since the logic should be executed on Question C - Q3 in this case, click on the Logic button for this question:
Under Logic Types, select the Show / Hide Question Logic option.
- Login » Surveys » (Select Survey) » Edit Survey » Add/Edit Questions » Fly Out Menu » Logic
Step 1: Define Criteria
- Click on Create New and enter in a criteria name.
- Select Criteria Type
- Responses to the survey - Use to base your logic on how respondents answer certain questions in the survey.
- Custom / System Variables - Use to base your logic on custom / system variables passed or updated on the survey.
- Select the question on which you wish to base logic.
- Select the logic operator and answer option(s)
- You can also add up to 5 additional conditions.
- Click on Save & Use This Criteria button.
Step 2: Set Logic
- Once criteria is set, set the Display Mode option.
This will set up the logic. Make sure there is a page break between Question A and Question C.
License & Access Options
This feature/tools described here are available with the following license(s) :
- Corporate Edition - Buy Now - $99/Month
- Unlimited Surveys, Questions, Responses
- Advanced Toolset and Features
- No Long Term Commitment
You may also be interested in...